Thanks for your interest in learning more about volunteering with Urban Homeworks! You will be part of the over 30,000 volunteer work days we have hosted since we were founded in 1995. Volunteers are one of our greatest assets and we hope we can partner with you and/or your group to have a meaningful and well-rounded experience that is more than just working on a house.
Got a Group?
We’re so thankful for the thousands of groups that have chosen to dig deep with us on-site! Pull together your friends, family or coworkers and have fun making a difference.
In order to deepen the impact of the volunteer experience, here’s what we’re looking for:
Group Size: 10-15 Volunteers (age 18 and above)
Churches and Corporations: Saturdays, 8:30am – 4:00pm
Corporations: Select Thursdays and Fridays, 8:30 – 4:00pm*
*Half days may be requested on Thursdays and Fridays
Churches and Faith Groups: $1,000 - $1,500/day
- Fill out our Group Registration form.
- We will confirm the date and get your group on the calendar.
- You can have a staff member from Urban Homeworks come speak to your group to give more information, fire up/recruit people and/or answer questions.
- We ask that you send in all the individual waiver forms and the requested donation 2-3 weeks prior to your volunteer date. If numbers aren’t finalized at that point, have individuals print and fill out the waiver form before arriving on-site so you can start working sooner!
- You will be contacted 1-2 weeks in advance with the details of where you will be working and what you will be doing.
OR...Volunteer without even swinging a hammer!
Fill this need anywhere, anytime, from anyplace! Engage your kids, youth group, or office by putting together a Welcome Basket that current residents can use as tools to welcome new neighbors!
In 2015 alone, we got to welcome home 58 families! The journeys many of them have been on to get here warrant a celebration and a greater, broader welcome into stability. By putting together baskets, you’re not just providing cleaning products for our residents. You’re playing an integral role in our community building efforts.
We currently need 34 Baskets assembled!