Thanks for your interest in learning more about volunteering with Urban Homeworks! You will be part of the over 30,000 volunteer work days we have hosted since we were founded in 1995. Volunteers are one of our greatest assets and we hope we can partner with you and/or your group to have a meaningful and well-rounded experience that is more than just working on a house.
- Be at least 16 years old.
- Be willing to work!
- 8-15 people in a group, ask about exceptions and accommodations.
- Provide a 5:1 student to adult ratio for students 16-18 years old.
- Workday is typically 8 am- 4pm. Lunch (not provided) is around noon.
- Every individual must agree and sign our Volunteer Waiver Form.
- Students 16-18 must have a parent/guardian signature as well.
- We ask for a $300 donation from every group for each volunteer day.
- Fill out our Group Registration form.
- We will confirm the date and get your group on the calendar.
- You can have a staff member from Urban Homeworks come speak to your group to give more information, fire up/recruit people and/or answer questions.
- We ask that you send in all the individual waiver forms and the requested donation 2-3 weeks prior to your volunteer date. If numbers aren’t finalized at that point, have individuals print and fill out the waiver form before arriving on-site so you can start working sooner!
- You will be contacted 1-2 weeks in advance with the details of where you will be working and what you will be doing.